How does Chromecast work?
Double-check that the Chromecast and the mobile device or tablet you are using to set up Chromecast with are both on the same Wi-Fi network.
The steps below should help you get onto Chromecast if this is your first time using it:
- Plugin Chromecast
- Install the Google Home app
- Make sure to connect your mobile device/tablet to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use to set up your Chromecast device
- Open the Google Home App
- Follow the steps in the Google Home App
- If you don’t see the steps to set up your Chromecast:
- At the top left of the Google Home app home screen, tap Add Set up device Set up new devices.
- Follow the remaining steps on the screen.
You should now be set up. If you still need help, then please contact us.
Was this helpful?
Not what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us.