Sonder House Rules
Last Updated: August 1st, 2019
These Sonder House Rules apply during your stay at a Sonder property (the "Sonder").
CHECK IN AND OUT
- You may check-in any time after 4 pm local time and must check-out by 11 am local time. If you would like to check-in a little earlier or check-out a little later, please let us know as soon as possible by selecting a new time through the Sonder app. You may also request a new time by texting SONDER to 89738, calling us at +1-617-300-0956, or emailing us at [email protected]. We’ll do our best to accommodate your request and will confirm any modified check-in and/or check-out time by text or email. Be sure to follow any additional instructions these changes may require.
- If you overstay past your designated check-out time by more than two (2) hours, we reserve the right to enter the Sonder, remove any belongings, change the locks or lock codes to the space and take further action as may be necessary or appropriate. You may be liable for any associated costs and for additional fees of up to 150% of the effective daily rate of your stay for each day (full or partial) that you overstay, as well as any other related damages, fees, costs or expenses incurred by us (e.g., relating to our loss of a subsequent guest reservation or booking alternative accommodations for any part of the time that you overstayed).
- In connection with your stay, you should receive an email from us containing check-out instructions. Please follow those instructions and call or text us at the phone number provided with any questions.
BASIC HOUSE RULES
The following are prohibited
- We do not allow smoking of any kind (including on balconies or terraces), including but not limited to nicotine, tobacco derived products and/or cannabis derived substances (including vaping and e-cigarettes); breaking this rule will incur a $250 fine plus the cost to clean and deodorize the Sonder;
- Parties or events;
- Unreasonable numbers of guests including any that exceed the maximum permitted by law;
- Number of overnight guests cannot exceed the maximum allowed for the unit, this information is posted on the website;
- Excessive noise;
- Audible noise outside of the Sonder after 9 pm local time;
- Disturbing neighbors or invading their privacy or security;
- Illegal substances or activity (e.g., involving drugs, the Internet, or otherwise, including illegal downloads or file sharing whether using our, your own, or a third-party device or Internet connection);
- Pornography production or prostitution;
- Dangerous or hazardous items (e.g., those that may increase the risk of fire or explosion such as candles or lighters);
- Firearms and other weapons (except those rightfully possessed by on-duty or off-duty law enforcement officials or licensed security guards);
- Placing of obstructions, signage, garbage, food, or personal items unattended outside the Sonder;
- Creating unsanitary conditions (e.g., generating excessive trash or offensive odors, or attracting pests);
- Making any change, modification, alteration, or addition whatsoever to the Sonder or its contents (including moving furniture around);
- Soliciting or loitering around the space or building;
- Commercial photography, film, or videography (without expressed written consent); and
- Using the Sonder for any purpose other than for personal accommodation.
- Zero tolerance. Please ensure that you respect all members of staff and your fellow residents. Sonder is a safe and friendly environment where everybody should be treated with the same level of respect. In accordance with our non-discrimination and harassment policy, we have zero tolerance for racism, sexism, discrimination, intimidation, or violence to any kind.
- Guests. You may permit guests to occupy the Sonder overnight only to the extent authorized by us in writing and you must accompany and supervise such guests at all times. If you exceed any applicable maximum authorized number of overnight guests, then you will be liable to pay additional fees of up to 100% of your effective daily rate for each unauthorized guest and we may revoke or terminate your license to occupy the Sonder immediately. You also acknowledge and agree that we may require you and/or your daytime or overnight guests to provide us with documentation verifying your guests’ identity such as passport and other information.
- Pets. We do not allow pets. Violation of our pet policy results in a $100 fine, plus the cost to deep clean the Sonder and/or repair damages to the Sonder. We encourage individuals using service animals to contact us before their stay.
- Supplies. We provide an initial supply of consumable household supplies and toiletries.
- Houseware. We also provide linens and kitchenware for your use during your stay. Any such items that are removed from the Sonder will be charged to you in accordance with the Sonder Terms.
- Amenities. Only those amenities that are described in your booking confirmation email are available to you. Please follow any instructions that have been provided to you or may be posted on the property. Your use of any amenities is at your sole risk. Guests younger than 18 years must be accompanied by an adult when using any amenities and other common areas.
- Parking. Parking options and instructions may be provided in our booking confirmation email to you. If you or your guests choose to make use of any recommended parking options, then you (and your guests, if applicable) must comply with all provided instructions, all publicly posted parking signs and policies, and any other applicable parking laws. Sonder is not responsible for your or your guests’ non-compliance with such instructions, signs, policies, or laws.
- Safety and Security. You are responsible for your and your guests’ safety and security. Please read, listen to, and comply with any fire, health, or safety rules and regulations which are provided to you, let us know of any condition in, on, or around the Sonder that you believe may be a fire, health, or safety risk to you or your guests, report to us any inappropriate conduct or behavior you or your guests observe in or near the Sonder (e.g., potential loiterers or squatters), and lock all windows and doors before you leave the Sonder. If you are experiencing a medical or other emergency, or believe you are a victim of or witness to a crime, please contact the nearest hospital and/or local police.
- Reporting Damage to a Sonder. You must notify us in writing of any damage to the Sonder or any of its contents which occurs during your stay, even if you regard the damage as minimal or normal wear and tear, or if you do not believe the damage is your fault. If you do not notify us of any such damage, you will be responsible for such damage in accordance with the Sonder Terms.
- Communications. There may be property management or other professionals unaffiliated with Sonder located on-site. Please direct all of your requests and communications to Sonder at the contact information previously provided to you.
- Other Instructions. In connection with your stay at a Sonder, we may provide you with other written instructions applicable to your stay. These written instructions are “Additional Terms” as defined in the Sonder Terms. Please follow those instructions, ensure that your guests follow them too, and call us if you have any questions.
As a reminder, you are solely responsible for ensuring that you and your guests are aware of and comply with the Sonder Terms and these Sonder Rules, including keeping the Sonder clean and tidy and in the same condition as you found it. We hope you enjoy your stay!
These Sonder House Rules are expressly incorporated into the Sonder Terms of Service between you and us ("Terms of Service") and are “Additional Terms” as defined therein. Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Sonder Terms.